Quinoa Spring & Summer Salad (Gluten Free)
photo by magpie diner
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup peas (fresh, or frozen plus 2 cups boiling water)
- 3 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced (spring onions)
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pistachios, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup hempseed nuts, shelled
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (or sub cilantro or basil or..?)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- If using frozen peas: In a bowl soak the peas in the boiling water, set aside until they have warmed through. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large salad bowl combine the peas with the remaining ingredients, plus 1/4-1/2 cup of dressing, (your fave or try Recipe #431876). Toss well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great salad! I did make it a little differently though. I didn't add the red bell pepper or the nuts ~ just personal preference. I used magpie's recommended salad dressing and recommended recipe for cooking the quinoa. It was very easy to make and leftovers were great, too! Thank you for posting!!
I made this salad as my evening meal and found it very light but also satisfying. No hempseed nuts - that's a new item to me I'll need to try sometime. Used the recommended Recipe#431876, adding it only to my portion - the remaining salad and dressing will be shared for tomorrow's lunch. Thanks Magpie Diner!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I first discovered recipezaar?when googling for some recipe that I can't even remember now.??Before long I was?totally addicted and still?find it such a helpful resource for all sorts of things. People have really great ideas on this site, good senses of humour and, well, good recipes.