Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Tyler Florence
Make and share this Teriyaki Chicken Wings recipe from Food.com.
- 2 dozen chicken wings, about 3 1/4 pounds, rinsed and patted dry
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 leaf from 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 5 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger, smashed with the side of a large knife
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper and drizzle a little olive oil on them to prevent sticking.
- Lay the wings in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the skin gets crispy and the wings are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the teriyaki sauce ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Simmer over low heat and reduce until slightly thickened.
- Pour the sauce into a large bowl.
- Dump the wings into the bowl and toss to coat them with the sauce.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and cilantro.
- Serve hot.