1/9 Photos of Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks (Teriyaki)
This is a family favorite and so simple. I first got the recipe from a friend who was a chef in a Japanese restaurant. When I married my husband he was using the same recipe he got from his Japanese ex-mother-in-law. It is so versatile we have used it for chicken breasts, wings, thighs, salmon, halibut, beef-kabobs - even veggies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- 2Brown chicken pieces in hot oil.
- 3While chicken is browning, mix together the soy sauce, sugar, water, and ginger.
- 4Add the sauce to the chicken.
- 5Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and let simmer, uncovered, for about 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce has thickened.
- 6Turn chicken pieces occasionally during cooking process.
- 7Serve over cooked rice.(We use short grain "sticky rice" prepared in a rice cooker.).
- 8Serve excess sauce along side, people always seem to want more of it.
- 9To reduce the calories, skinless chicken may be used.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks (Teriyaki)
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.7
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 4160.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 54.5 g
- Protein 35.7 g