Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This just came to me in a TOH email. I'm posting it here for safe keeping to try soon.
Make and share this Teriyaki Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cold water
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice if desired.
Super simple and my family enjoyed this. I used low-sodium soy sauce and salted/peppered the chicken thighs before placing in the slow cooker. The thighs were fork tender and well seasoned. Served thighs with the sauce over rice. Thanks for sharing.