Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
You've just got to try this unbelievably tasty way to use up leftover turkey or chicken. This creamy casserole is easy to make and absolutely delicious!
- 1 (26 ounce) cancondensed cream of chicen soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked turkey
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 0.5 (1 lb) package spaghetti, cooked according to package directions (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir in the soup, milk, Parmesan cheese, sherry if desired, and onion powder in a large bowl. Add the chicken or turkey, mushrooms and spaghetti and toss to coat. Spoon the chicken mixture into a 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Stir the bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl with a fork and sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the chicken mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
- RECIPE TIPS:.
- Helper: For 3 cups cubed, cooked chicken: cook 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed, in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat in 5 cups boiling water, for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Easy Substitution: Substitute 2 cans (12 1/2 ounces each) Swanson Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained, for the cooked chicken.