Recipe by That is Dr House to you
In honor of my favorite cooking shows when I was a child... from Vegetarian Times Jan 2002. And today on the show, we are going to steam water.. ah wait. Steam something.. OH yes.. Steam the Temper.. I mean tempeh. YO Camera Guy my wine bottle is empty.
- 4 ounces soy tempeh
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water, plus
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄4 cup pitted Greek olives or 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup crouton
- salt or Mrs. Dash tomato basil garlic seasoning
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tempen. Tempeh -- into small chunks then steam over simmering water for 10 minutes.
- Pam a skillet and over high heat add the tempeh. Cook until golden and crisp. About 6 minutes -- give or take one.
- Drizzle the soy sauce over the tempeh and cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and cool. You have to remove from heat to cool get it. giggle --
- In a small bowl combine the garlic, the lemon juice and 1 teaspoons no 1 tablespoons Wait why are they both here? I'm seeing double -- Oh it's 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp water. oh -- ahem.
- From the top:.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic, lemon juice, the water, olives, and Jidon. Dijon.
- Toss the lettuce, the crutons and tempeh in a large down with the dressing. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Serve.
- And that's it for the day. Happy cookin' [slides down counter].