Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Weekend magazine, Foodcourt column!
- 1 1⁄2 cups gram flour
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 8 slices bread, edges trimmed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup anjeer ki teekhi-meethi chutney (Posted separately)
- water, as required
- oil, to deep fry
- Combine the first four ingredients, onions, salt and water in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Make sure the batter is medium thick (be careful when adding water to batter- dont add to less or too much!) Spread chutney on the bread slices.
- Place the rest of the slices over the chutney.
- Spread slices to make sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich into quarters.
- Dip each sandwich into the batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil.