Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an awesome spinach salad, with the best Honey-Mustard dressing ever! Make the dressing first and refrgerate to blend flavors. I have had this recipe on a sheet of paper for years and years, the paper is tattered, yet I have no idea where it came from. Presumably there is a Taylor's Landing somewhere, that deserves the credit. Yummy! (The prep times does not include the dressing-chilling time or time to boil the egg). The dressing makes 1 pint.
- 1 large tortilla, shell for salad bowl
- lettuce leaf (desired amount)
- 1 bunch spinach, washed well, drained and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ounce monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 ounce slivered almonds
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 2 ounces bacon bits
- 1 hard-cooked egg, peeled and chopped
- 2 ounces fresh shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 cup a little less oil
- Make Honey-Mustard dressing first, like this:.
- In medium mixing bowl, blend together honey, vinegar, salt, mustard, curry powder and onion; slowly beat in oil. Refrigerate.
- For the salad:.
- Line tortilla shell with lettuce leaves. Fill lines shell with spinach, cheese, almonds, tomato, bacon bits, egg and shrimp. Top with dressing.
Outstanding! Just outstanding silly sally! This was such a delight, to make, to present, to devour. I followed this exactly I really loved the tortilla and shrimp....well and the honey mustartd dressing, and the cheese, and the egg.....all of it! Will be my "go to" salad from now on......you have a very special recipe on your hands! Made for *PAC* Spring 2008.