Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My daughter was begging for lobster but it was too expensive so I bought a can of crab from Trader Joe's and she and I came up with a delicious crab dip recipe. She picked the ingredients and I chose the amounts. Since most crab dips contain ingredients that she does not like, I told her to tell me what she wanted in it and it was yummy! She wanted me to share the recipe with you.
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 medium onion, minced fine
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 ounce shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce brie cheese, with rind removed cut up into small pieces
- 2 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese (Monterey Jack, cheddar, queso quesadilla, and Asadero)
- 1⁄4 cup french fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon goya adobo seasoning, with pepper and cumin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sautee the onions and garlic in butter until onions are translucent.
- Drain crabmeat and mix in bowl with onion and garlic mixture, lemon juice, Adobo seasoning, ricotta, sour cream,cheddar, and brie.
- Spray small baking dish or loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Transfer mixture to pan.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of crab mixture and then sprinkle Mexican shredded cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve with sliced French or other crusty bread and crackers.
This recipe got mixed reviews at my house. I thought it had great flavor but just needed a little something to keep it a bit moister. Maybe some cream cheese or something next time. Thanks for sharing this :) Made for Spring PAC 2009.