Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this at another site many years ago and have tweaked it to suit my taste. Barbara loves it!
- 2 russet potatoes, cut into a large dice about 2 inches square
- 2 onions, cut in half then sliced crosswise
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix (I use Von's, cheaper)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- Combine everything in a large pan.
- Toss to coat the solid ingredients with the spice mix.
- Bake at 450 until potatoes are done, stirring from time to time.
- It should take about an hour and fifteen minutes.
This recipe seemed to lack something....garlic maybe?....cheese? I might try again and experiment with it.