Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom, Mrs. M makes this recipe. My whole family all loves it!
- 1 -2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (30 ounce) bag tater tots
- Brown beef with onion and pepper.
- Mix together all ingredients in a greased 9 x 13" pan.
- Top with tater tots.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or more.
I followed this one, as it is closest to what I remember from college. I never did the mixed veg the others have. The addition of corn was great. Nice, easy, cheesy and EXCELLENT leftovers. It's almost worth making for leftovers alone. Thank you for posting a simple keeper! I used onion to taste, added garlic and only used black pepper as none of us like bell peppers. I did add a sprinkling of cayenne to give it a little more kick.
This is a good recipe but it does have two of the ingredients listed that are in step 1. How much onion is to be used. Is the pepper to be black, green or red pepper? So I used a small onion and 1/2 of a red pepper. It came out nice and hot. But I think it could use 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper to spice it up some and maybe 1 clove of garlic. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game