Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I created this recipe myself. I love cheese toast, but I wanted to "kick it up a notch"... so I experimented and this is what I contrived. I love it, and cook it regularly.
- 4 slices white bread
- 4 slices cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (4 -8 ounce) can green chili peppers
- black pepper (to taste)
- hot sauce (I like Tabasco, best)
- Set oven to broil.
- On cookie sheet, place 4 slices of bread.
- Layer each slice of bread with cheese, tomatoes,onion,green chilee.
- Sprinkle each serving with black pepper and Tabasco sauce to taste.
- Place under broiler until toasted.
- Cooking time may vary, 3-6 minutes.
- I usually use a knife and cut my tasty toast into small bites, and then spear each one.
- Have a cool drink on hand.
- I hope you like it!
I tried this, but doubled the bread and put the sandwiches into one of those electric triangle sandwich toasters. I thought it was great, but it was too spicy for my husband. His loss!
I used everything and mild green chilies. The "men" in my family really enjoyed this and I will make again. Our son also used the tabasco sauce.I also lightly toasted the bread before stacking. We all liked the recipe. Thanks for posting.
I haven't tried the recipe yet, but I will. I know Mr. Lane & his very special wife. I am sure you will love his recipe. When I need a quick snack, I will be sure to try it. Keep up the good work Mr. Lane. Cissy