Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great taco recipe I got out of a kid's cookbook when I was little. They're easy and so yummy. Kids love to help make em' and eat em' :)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 5 -6 lettuce leaves, torn up
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 -10 taco shells
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup taco sauce
- Put the onion and ground beef in a frying pan over medium-high heat, and cook till no longer pink, breaking up the beef with a spoon.
- Drain any grease, then add the tomato soup, water, chili powder, mustard, worcestershire sauce, and garlic salt; mix well.
- Turn to high heat and cook until mixture boils, stirring frequently.
- When it starts to boil, turn heat to low, and cook until mixture thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
- To serve, spoon some meat mixture into a taco shell, add lettuce, shredded cheddar, olives, sour cream and taco sauce.
- Makes 8-10 tacos, yum!