Recipe by Chance777
This is a recipe passed down from my great great grandmother, it is the best meatloaf I have ever had. I got it out of my family cookbook. It's exellent!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup medium cracker crumb
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium bay leaf, crushed
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 dash marjoram
- chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except chili sauce, mix well.
- Shape mixture into loaf in shallow baking dish.
- (make sure to leave about an inch between the loaf and the pan for grease to drain) Score loaf with wooden spoon handle.
- Fill scores with chili sauce.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) for one 1 hour.