Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in the Taste of Home Garden and Fresh Recipes collection. I made these when we had company and they were a hit! I will continue to make this unique side dish time and time again!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a saucepan, cook onion and celery in butter until tender; set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine croutons, corn, eggs, water, salt, pepper and onion mixture; mix well.
- Shape into eight to ten balls.
- Place in an ungreased shallow baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 25-35 minutes.
Made these last night. I didn't have any onion, but other than that followed the recipe. Everyone liked them. I will make them again. Served with pork tenderloin, baked tomato slices covered in planko crumbs, and sweet potatoes.
Oh my goodness I love these!!! I don't know if I should be giving this stars because I added additional seasoning then what it called for. I cut the recipe in half and I got 8 nice sized corn balls. I added onion and garlic powder, Tony's, and granualted chicken flavor. These were so good and I know I will be making these on a regular basis.
I cut the recipe in half and made 6 nice sized corn balls. These were very quick and easy to make. Very tasty. I cooked them for 25 minutes. They were lovely, crisp and tender. We enjoyed these very much. Thanks so much for sharing KC_Cooker.