Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasha's is a favorite restaurant of ours. This was a sandwich on the menu that I recreated. It is delicious! I didn't include amounts because it depends on the size of your bread and your preference of taste.
- 2 slices sourdough bread (or other 'chewy' bread)
- 1 chicken breast, flattened
- seasoning salt
- avocado, sliced
- tomatoes, sliced
- 1 -2 lettuce leaf
- feta cheese, crumbled
- Dijon mustard
- olive oil
- Heat a non stick pan over med. high heat.
- Season breast with seasoning salt, and cook until done through.
- Meanwhile brush oil on 1 side of each slice of bread.
- Remove chicken from pan reduce heat to med. and place 1 slice of bread oil side down in the pan.
- Top with crumbled feta, sliced avocado and Tomato, then chicken and lettuce.
- Spread dijon on the bare side of the 2nd slice of bread and place oil side up.
- Grill until golden brown and then CAREFULLY flip the sandwich over and toast the other side.
- Serve warm.
I had a leftover grilled chicken breast so started with it. I enjoyed the fresh ingredients and added thin slices of purple onion too. The feta was a tad messy, but tasted good! Thank you for sharing the recipe! :-)
What's there not to adore about this sandwich? It has all the components of a 10 star sammy. I used all fresh ingredients, I made my own bread, arugula (lettuce) from the garden, had some fresh feta, (creamy tasting) and loved every-single-bite. Instead of oil on the bread, I painted the bread with a small amount of low-fat Hellman's mayonnaise - and toasted the bread with that. Thanks for posting such a gi-normously flavored sandwich! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* April 2010
Delicious! A little on the messy side but so yummy that no one cared. Made just as written. Loved the flavor the sourdough and feta gave the chicken. And the avocado, mustard and tomato are such a wonderful accent. Can see why this is one of your favorites. Thanks so much for the post.