Recipe by IAteMyGluestick
I first made this on the Valentine's Day that my husband proposed to me. After he tasted it I think it sealed the deal! It is very elegant when served with steak, and it can also be used on chicken. Very flavorful and simple!
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons crushed dried tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon chervil
- dried parsley
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup real butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine wine, vinegar, and herbs in a double boiler.
- Cook until it is reduced by half.
- Scramble the egg yolks and salt in a blender or food processor (I prefer a blender).
- Add the wine/herb mixture to the eggs in the blender/processor.
- Now melt the butter in a saucepan until it is very hot bubbly.
- Turn on the blender/processor, and pour very hot butter through the cork in the blender lid or through the top of the food processor (you must do this while the machine is blending!) This will cook the egg mixture. Whip until everything is mixed and smooth like a mayonnaise.
- Serve right away, usually on the side for dipping, or you can spoon some on top of the steak.