Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from Whole Foods and is also Gluten Free.
Make and share this Tarragon Chicken Salad (Whole Foods) recipe from Food.com.
- Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add chicken, cover and return to a boil.
- Boil chicken for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn off the heat and let the chicken steep, covered, until no longer pink in the thickest part of the breast, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a plate and let cool for approximately 20 minutes. (The chicken can be prepared a day ahead of the rest of the salad, if desired.).
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Skip 1-4 if you are using canned chicken. Drain liquid from can.
- In a medium bowl combine celery, mayonnaise, mustard, onions, almonds, tarragon, lemon juice and pepper and stir to blend.
- Fold chicken into the mayonnaise mixture.