Meat and Potatoes...'s Note:
This recipe is from Whole Foods and is also Gluten Free.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add chicken, cover and return to a boil.
- 2Boil chicken for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn off the heat and let the chicken steep, covered, until no longer pink in the thickest part of the breast, 8 to 12 minutes.
- 3Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a plate and let cool for approximately 20 minutes. (The chicken can be prepared a day ahead of the rest of the salad, if desired.).
- 4Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 5Skip 1-4 if you are using canned chicken. Drain liquid from can.
- 6In a medium bowl combine celery, mayonnaise, mustard, onions, almonds, tarragon, lemon juice and pepper and stir to blend.
- 7Fold chicken into the mayonnaise mixture.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarragon Chicken Salad (Whole Foods)
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.5
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 98.4 mg
- Sodium 362.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 32.2 g