Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This was an old friend's recipe. At first I thought the combination of guacamole and BBQ sounded funky; I now think it's a match made in heaven. If you're short on time just use one of the tubs of shredded BBQ from the store, any meat works, chicken, beef or pork. I've also made soft taquitos by softening the tortillas in a hot pan and then rolling around the meat. It's a lot healtier and my husband and I like them just as well.
- 2 large avocados
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 lemon, juice of
- Tabasco sauce
- 2 lbs rump roast
- 8 ounces barbecue sauce
- 24 corn tortillas
- corn oil, for frying
- For the guacamole:.
- Put the avocados in a bowl and mash using a fork. Add the cream cheese and mix well. Add the sour cream and chilies, followed by the lemon juice and Tabasco. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the taquitos:.
- Boil the meat in water until it shreds easily, approximately 1-2 hours. Drain and shred the meat, once it is shredded, soak in the barbecue sauce for 30 minutes.
- Place a small amount of meat into each tortilla and roll up using a toothpick to hold together.
- Fry in the oil until crispy and lightly browned.
- Serve taquitos with the guacamole.