Easy Taquito Casserole
- Ready In:
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 oven-proof dish with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Pour a box of frozen taquitoes into the dish.
- Sprinkle chopped onion and can of chopped green chilies over taquitoes.
- Pour 2 cans of red Enchilada sauce over taquitoes.
- Sprinkle chili powder over all.
- Top with as much shredded cheese as you like.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes-- until heated thoroughly.
- Serve with a black or refried beans and a green salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This one was not a winner for us at all. I actually didn't mind it. Its flavor is more like tamales than the taquitos, though. With all of that enchilada sauce, it was WAY too spicy for the boys. I really think that if you used one can of the sauce and used sour cream in place of the second can, it might be a little better. I didn't like it enough to try to tweek it for our preferences, though.
Wow, was running around all day and wanted something quick and I saw this in reviews and decided to try it. The family at first asked what it was and after they tasted it, All I heard was how good it was. I used a box of 20 chicken taquito's, omitted the onions, used red sauce and add more chili powder and mexican cheese. Thank you for a wonderful recipe that wil be used again. highly recommended.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am originally from Greenville, Mississippi, so I am very partial to "southern, comfort" foods. I work part-time as a chaplain in a medical center in the city. I like to cook, garden, and read to relax and enjoy life. I also like to cook and "hostess" for friends. My favorite recipes are varied 'cause I'll try anything long or short, lots of ingredients or few, if I've got the time to work without rushing. I don't think preparing food should ever be rushed if you can help it! I also like thinking about and adding a prayer to the dish I'm fixing for those who'll share it with me. I really like Recipezaar.com and I'm glad I found this website. I've gotten some really good recipes from this site!