Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The best potato salad you've never had. For when your craving that certain ZING from vinegar...I don't like regular potato salad. I don't like sweet relish, eggs, or miracle whip in my potato salad. The sharp onion with the vinegar balances the soft potato texture. Inexpensive and college budget approved. For more of a bite, add two to three teaspoons of whole grain mustard along with the olive oil. Try this!! Yumm....From Bon Appetit, 2009. **Note: To use smaller potatoes, cook time is about 5 minutes less.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, Yukon Gold about 5 medium unpeeled
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar, red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 onions or 1⁄2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain. Cool to just warm, 10 to 15 minutes; peel potatoes. Cut each potato in half, then cut into 1/3-inch slices.
- Place warm potatoes in large bowl. Stir red wine vinegar and sugar in small bowl until sugar dissolves, then drizzle over potatoes. Toss to coat. Mix in onion slices. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature.
- Add olive oil and parsley to potatoes. Toss well and let marinate at least 20 minutes and up to 2 hours at room temperature.
Can't wait to try this; I'll comment later when I do.