Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe from Nutrition Action Health Letter. I haven't tried it yet, but am keeping it to try later. Health Valley Fat Free Chicken Broth was recommended.
- 3⁄4 cup wild rice
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup instant brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Combine the wild rice, broth, and water in a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 35 minute.
- Stir in the brown rice, cover and simmer for an additional 10 min or til the rice is tender and absorbed all the liquid.
- While the rice is cooking, combine green onions, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cider vinegar, parsley, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring til well mixed.
- When rice is done, pour mixture over it. Add remaining ingredients and stir with a fork. Serve warm or cold.