Recipe by Chef Shadows
A fresh and tangy salad from the garden. Submitted for RSC #10.
Top Review by *Parsley*
I think this is a good salad, but there are too many "strong" flavors competing. I'd only use about 1/3 - 1/2 of the red onion in the salad and cut down on the lemon juice and add a bit of sugar to the dressing next time. I really did like the nutty crunch that the pecans added to the salad. Good luck in the contest! :)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced, seeds removed
- 1 pint fresh cherry tomatoes or 1 pint grape tomatoes, whole
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice and chop the peppers and onions.
- Place in a bowl.
- Place tomatoes in the bowl.
- Add the chopped pecans to the veggies.
- In a small bowl or tea cup mix the mustard, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Stir until emulsified.
- Pour over the salad; mix and serve.