Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I love limas and this is a unique, delicious way to prepare them.
Top Review by anne in apex
We ate this as a vegetarian main course, and it was quite nice. I made a few changes: I added red pepper flakes and garlic to the sauteed onions. I left out the feta cheese, for personal preference, and served it over jasmine rice. Next time I may add mushrooms. I'm glad to find a tasty way to prepare limas. Thanks!
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 small yellow squash, thinly sliced into half-circles (3 1/2 c.)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add water to a saucepan; bring to a boil and add in the limas.
- Cook about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a big skillet, saute the onions in oil until they are clear.
- Add the squash, thyme, and dill; saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes; stir to combine.
- Drain the limas when they are done; add to the skillet with the lemon juice and feta cheese.
- Add in salt and plenty of pepper to taste.
- Stir and cook until the feta begins to soften.
- Serve immediately.