Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Had leftover pork roast slices. Needed something good but quick. Serve with salad if desired.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (original)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion, slices thin
- 2 medium mushrooms, sliced thin
- 3⁄4 lb leftover pork, slices chopped
- 3 hoagie rolls (club rolls)
- Melt margarine in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add onions & mushrooms.
- Sauté till onion is golden.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, sugar, paprika, Mrs Dash, Cayenne.
- Stir to blend.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir often.
- Add pork allow to simmer until pork is heated through.
- Divide pork & sauce on to 3 hoagies.
Used some leftover pork roast. Good flavor. Wife doesn't like things too lemony but she said this tasted good. Sliced the pork the same thickness as the onions and mushrooms. Thanks for the good use of leftovers!
OK but not great! I used leftover "Recipe #104926" (with the modifications I used in my review of that recipe.). I would add a tbsp of BBQ sauce and 1/4 cup of beer to this recipe next time I make it. Will make again with modifications!
Used leftover pork roast from Emeril Lagasse's Applesauce and Sage Glazed Pork Loin (foodnetwork.com). This made a very good sandwich. And the leftovers I took for lunch the following day were even better. Thank-you!