Recipe by Pugsley53
Cool and refreshing chunky fruit salad with a tangy glaze dressing. This is a long standing family favorite.
- 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple, drained (reserve juice*)
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained
- 1 (29 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice, drained
- 3 large bananas
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Set bananas aside to add last and drain remaining fruit cutting peaches and pears into 1 inch chuncks and place in refrigerator to chill.
- Blend sugar and cornstarch and then add pineapple, orange and lemon juices and cook over meduim heat til thick and clear.
- Add grated lemon and orange rind and chill.
- Toss chilled fruit and sauce together adding 1 inch banana chunks.