From our CSA box delivery but original recipe source unknown. I forgot to buy a red bell pepper for this recipe and substituted a little bit of red onion. Dark balsamic vinegar or soy sauce can replace the worcestershire sauce if desired. I considered adding caraway seeds to the salad and I'll try that new time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4-1 cup mayonnaise (or non-dairy mayo)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (I tested the recipe with raw apple cider vinegar) or 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar (I tested the recipe with raw apple cider vinegar)
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (there are vegetarian Worcestershire sauces on the market-read the label)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar (increased from 1/4 teaspoon sugar and I used raw sugar)
- 3 cups shredded cabbage (sub a little bit of red cabbage for color, if desired)
- 3 cups shredded watercress (we tested arugula) or 3 cups arugula, shredded (we tested arugula)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, seeded, membrane removed and cut into small pieces (green, red, orange, etc.)
- 1In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing ingredients together. Taste and adjust if needed.
- 2Place the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl and toss with the dressing.
- 3I covered the salad well and chilled in the fridge all day until dinner time.
- 4Servings are estimated.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Coleslaw (Vegan Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.0
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 330.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g