Recipe by COOKGIRl
From our CSA box delivery but original recipe source unknown. I forgot to buy a red bell pepper for this recipe and substituted a little bit of red onion. Dark balsamic vinegar or soy sauce can replace the worcestershire sauce if desired. I considered adding caraway seeds to the salad and I'll try that new time.
- 3⁄4-1 cup mayonnaise (or non-dairy mayo)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (I tested the recipe with raw apple cider vinegar) or 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar (I tested the recipe with raw apple cider vinegar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (there are vegetarian Worcestershire sauces on the market-read the label)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar (increased from 1/4 teaspoon sugar and I used raw sugar)
- 3 cups shredded cabbage (sub a little bit of red cabbage for color, if desired)
- 3 cups shredded watercress (we tested arugula) or 3 cups arugula, shredded (we tested arugula)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, seeded, membrane removed and cut into small pieces (green, red, orange, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing ingredients together. Taste and adjust if needed.
- Place the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl and toss with the dressing.
- I covered the salad well and chilled in the fridge all day until dinner time.
- Servings are estimated.