Prep 6 hrs
Cook 10 mins
A very tangy, very different take on fajitas. Serve with all the usual sides (warm tortillas, fresh picante sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, rice and beans).
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 (2/3 ounce) packages Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (about 6 pieces)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large glass bowl combine the 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, lime juice, and dry salad dressing mix. Mix together.
- Add chicken strips, onion and bell pepper.
- Cover dish and refrigerate. Marinate for 3 to 6 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil. Drain and discard marinade. Sauté chicken, onion and bell pepper until chicken is cooked through (juices run clear) and onion is translucent.