I got this recipe from an old cookbook of my moms. It is very good and very easy. The smell is awesome as it is cooking all day!!
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 -4 lbs boneless pork roast
- hamburger bun
- Combine all ingredients except roast and buns in the slow cooker.
- When well mixed, add roast.
- Cover, Cook on high for 6-7 hours.
- Remove roast.
- Shred the meat and return it to the sauce.
- Mix again and then I drain the excess liquid so the meat mixture is not too runny.
- Serve on buns.
This makes one heck-of-a mmmmm...yummy BBQ pork sandwich! We like our BBQ sauce a bit more on the sweet side, so I added a 1/2 cup of brown sugar to the sauce. Instead of Step #6 - draining the excess liquid, I thickened the sauce on the stove using Gold Medal Wondra, a quick mixing fine flour. I returned the shredded pork to the bbq sauce and kept warm 'till Suppertime, served with corn on the cob, french fries, and salad. Try Crockpot Peach Cake Dessert #38331 with Breyers Peach Ice Cream. Our Company loved it!
First BBQ recipe that the whole family loves! I used celery salt since I didn't have celery on hand and onion powder instead of onion so my children wouldn't turn their noses up at the onion pieces.
I've made this (as written) many, many times over the past 2 years and I love it! The taste is fantastic and I've recommended this recipe to many friends too. Thanks so much for posting.