Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons finely minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 large burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed
- 10 -12 ounces spinach leaves, stems removed
- lemon wedge
- Mix the yogurt and harissa together in a bowl; set aside.
- Add lamb, onion, cumin, ginger, raisins, salt, and pepper to a large skillet over medium heat; Cook, stirring/breaking up the lamb with a wooden spoon, 5-7 minutes until the meat is cooked and the onions are soft.
- Add in the chickpeas; using a potato masher, mash at least half of them right in the pan, blending them with the meat.
- Continue to cook/stir, 1-2 minutes until they are warm; add in the lemon juice.
- To assemble: Spread about 2 tablespoons of the spiced yogurt on a warm tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Layer a quarter of the spinach and the lamb mixture and another 2 tablespoons spiced yogurt in a thick horizontal strip across the bottom third of the tortilla, making sure the ingredients don’t quite touch the edges.
- Fold in the two sides and roll the wrap away from you.
- Complete the wraps with the remaining ingredients; cut in half on the bias and serve.