Grilled Chicken Breasts in Spiced Yogurt
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- Stir together 1 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, salt and spices.
- Add chicken and turn until well coated.
- Marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, preheat grill.
- While grill is heating, stir together remaining 1 1/4 cups yogurt and 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Reduce grill to moderate heat.
- Grill chicken (discard marinade), on lightly oiled grill rack, turning occasionally (closing grill between turns), until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes total.
- Transfer chicken to a platter.
- Toss together mint, shallot and remaining oil in a small bowl.
- Drizzle chicken with yogurt sauce and top with mint salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I love the combination of spices in this recipe and how the yogurt tenderizes the chicken. Like some of the other reviewers I didn't make the salad and I baked the chicken. I also omitted the oil to lower the fat content. This was super baked in the oven but I know it will be even better on the grill in the summer. Thanks for a winner, ms_bold!
Yum. Husband has requested I make this again and I'm not disagreeing. Relying on previous ratings, I didn't make the salad and just stirred a bit of dried mint into the yoghurt sauce. I think I'd make it again in the same way. The sauce is cooling an otherwise nicely spicy recipe and makes a nice texture/flavour contrast.