Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is from astray.com If they are in season, use fresh tangerines. At other times, Use the frozen juice and substitute oranges for the zest and for garnishing
- 3 tangerines or 3 oranges
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 lbs chicken, cut into 8 serving pieces
- Grate 1 tsp tangerine zest (colored part of peel) squeeze enough juice to get 1/2 cup. Slice remaining tangerine into wedges. Place juice in large bowl; add honey, soy sauce, garlic and 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper. Mix. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover; marinate in refrigerator 2 to 3 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line large jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil.
- Drain marinade into saucepan; boil 3 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Arrange chicken skin side up on jelly-roll pan; bake 40 minutes or until cooked, basting every 1o minutes with marinade and pan juices. Garnish with tangerine wedges.
I made it the first time exactly as in the recipe (except for using a casserole dish and cooking with the sauce). I also felt something was missing, so the second time I added two tsp. Dijon mustard. Perfect!
Pretty good! I baked the chicken in a casserole dish with the sauce. Then juiced more tangerines in a pan, added cornstarch and poured the original sauce into that pan to thicken it. Served with rice, topped with the sauce and cilantro. Think might spice it up a bit next time....more garlic maybe. But the family loved it as it was. Thanks for the recipe! I had a ton of tangerines I needed to use up.