Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not really sure where I got this recipe. I think I may have gotten it from a Weight Watchers website since the notes state that this would be a Core recipe using FF yogurt. Altered to fit our tastes and my allergies. Marinating time is not included in cooking time.
- 3⁄4 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs, skinless, boneless
- cooking spray
- Place onion, ginger, and garlic in a food process and process until finely chopped.
- Add buttermilk and all spices and pulse until well blended.
- Combine chicken and buttermilk spice mixture in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Seal and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.
- Place chicken on grill rack or broiler coated with spray oil.
- Cook 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.