Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
When you buy giant bags of raw almonds from Costco this is a great recipe for using some of them! They have a really nice roasted, earthy, salty flavor, without the salt getting all over your fingers. :) And they're way cheaper than buying Tamari almonds at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. This is an epicurious recipe with the amounts tweaked slightly. Tamari is basically real, awesome soy sauce that hasn't been super processed and filled with preservatives.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Spread almonds in one layer on a baking sheet (you may need two pans) - bake 15 minutes.
- While baking, mix tamari and sugar in a large bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Add hot almonds to bowl and stir to coat. Let sit in bowl 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- Return almonds to baking sheets (use slotted spoon so you don't get too much liquid).
- Bake 12 minutes, stir and rotate tray, then bake 12 more minutes until almonds are dark brown.
- Remove from oven, cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Perfect! Followed recipe to the letter and ended up with perfectly roasted, flavorful almonds. Couldn't find them in the store so now I can make them any time. Thank you!