When you buy giant bags of raw almonds from Costco this is a great recipe for using some of them! They have a really nice roasted, earthy, salty flavor, without the salt getting all over your fingers. :) And they're way cheaper than buying Tamari almonds at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. This is an epicurious recipe with the amounts tweaked slightly. Tamari is basically real, awesome soy sauce that hasn't been super processed and filled with preservatives.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2Spread almonds in one layer on a baking sheet (you may need two pans) - bake 15 minutes.
- 3While baking, mix tamari and sugar in a large bowl until sugar dissolves.
- 4Add hot almonds to bowl and stir to coat. Let sit in bowl 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- 5Return almonds to baking sheets (use slotted spoon so you don't get too much liquid).
- 6Bake 12 minutes, stir and rotate tray, then bake 12 more minutes until almonds are dark brown.
- 7Remove from oven, cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Nuts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Nuts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tamari Roasted Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.9
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 335.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 8.2 g