Terry Davis in Cedar City's Note:
Made from scratch tamales, yummy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 709.77 ml tortilla flour, masa harina
- 473.18 ml warm water
- 236.59 ml butter, refridgerated
- 4.92 ml salt
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 177.44 ml tomato puree
- 118.29 ml apple, peeled cored and chopped
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 29.58 ml parsley, snipped
- 29.58 ml almonds, toasted and chopped
- 7.39 ml vinegar
- 2.46 ml honey
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 1Mix together tortilla flour and water, cover and let stand 20 minutes.
- 2In large bowl beat together butter and salt until fluffy.
- 3Beat in flour mixture until well combined.
- 4Using Corn husks or aluminum foil as a wrapper add 2 tablespoons dough onto each wrapper until dough is all used up.
- 5Spread to 5"x3" rectangle on each one.
- 6In skillet over medium heat saute onion and garlic until onions are clear.
- 7Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- 8Drain fat.
- 9Add remainder of ingredients, cover and cook for 20 - 25 minutes.
- 10Add 1 tablespoon meat mixture to each tamale wrapper.
- 11Roll up tamales and seal ends.
- 12Place tamales on rack in steamer.
- 13Add water to just below rack level.
- 14Bring to a boil, cover and steam for 40 - 45 minutes or until tamale pulls away from wrapper. adding water as needed.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tamales
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.6
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 203.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: