Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from my Mom's recipe cards. I have not tried this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3⁄4 cup olive, Ripe whole pitted
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Coat 10 inch skillet with oil.
- Add onion, pepper, garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add beef and cook until brown.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Combine the first 5 five ingredients.
- Spoon over meat mixture.
- Top with grated cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook covered for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Oven Method:.
- Place meat mixture with topping in a 7 x 11 inch ungreased baking pan.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.