1/3 Photos of Tahitian Coconut Vanilla Prawns
From Tahiti French Polynesia Oceania
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a frying pan add the prawns and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until they turn pink.
- 2Remove them from the pan and set aside and wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper.
- 3Add the rum and the vanilla pod to the frying pan, bring to the boil and reduce down to about 2 tablespoons.
- 4Stir in the cream and coconut milk, and reduce the mixture by half.
- 5Scrape seeds out of the vanilla pod into the cream mixture and discard pod.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Return the prawns to the sauce and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- 8Serve immediately over cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tahitian Coconut Vanilla Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.3
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 283.5 mg
- Sodium 1279.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 31.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: