From Tahiti French Polynesia Oceania
Make and share this Tahitian Coconut Vanilla Prawns recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan add the prawns and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until they turn pink.
- Remove them from the pan and set aside and wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper.
- Add the rum and the vanilla pod to the frying pan, bring to the boil and reduce down to about 2 tablespoons.
- Stir in the cream and coconut milk, and reduce the mixture by half.
- Scrape seeds out of the vanilla pod into the cream mixture and discard pod.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the prawns to the sauce and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Serve immediately over cooked rice.