Recipe by Sage
This is an elegant light pasta dish - pretty enough to serve as an entrée. It can also be served as a warm salad, in which case you need to let the pasta cool a little before assembling, and replace the spinach with baby rocket.
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 30 g anchovies
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 spring onions
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 500 g tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- parmesan wafers
- 80 g parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the garlic, anchovies and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a small saucepan, cover and simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Slice the spring onions, separating the green parts from the white. Set aside the green parts and add the white to the saucepan along with the water. Continue simmering, uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- Place the olives and the remaining olive oil in a food processor and pulse briefly to obtain a chunky texture.
- Cook the tagliatelle in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well and stir through the sauce, olives and spinach.
- Garnish with the green sliced spring onion, season to taste and sprinkle on a little parmesan. Serve with parmesan wafers.