Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a really good and easy recipe.
- 2 lbs lean beef, ground
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can lima beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can hominy, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- to taste cheddar cheese, shredded
- to taste tortilla chips
- In a large Dutch oven, brown the beef and chopped onion over medium heat. Drain off any fat.
- Add chilies, salt and pepper, beans, water, seasoning mixes, hominy, and stewed tomatoes to the beef and onion. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese, and serve with chips.