Recipe by knobbyknee
I found this recipe at a Pampered Chef "Power Cooking" show. It was served there and was so good. I came home and made it as part of my OAMC. It was great, even after being frozen. For my family, I make the whole recipe and then halve it when I put it into my freezer. Each bag makes about 6-8 servings, so this recipe will feed my family multiple times. Cook time doesn't include the cooling time before freezing.
- 907.18 g fresh lean ground beef
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies
- 35.43 g taco seasoning, packet
- 28.34 g Hidden Valley Ranch dip, packet
- 2 (623.68 g) can corn, undrained
- 4 (1587.57 g) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 425.24 g can pinto beans, undrained
- 425.24 g can kidney beans, undrained
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- grated monterey jack cheese, and or cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat with the onions in an 8-qrt stockpot.
- When cooked all the way through, add remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Eat now if you are not freezing it. Top with grated cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, etc.
- If freezing, let cool completely and pour into freezer bags. First mark the bags with "Taco Soup, Reheat to Serve" and the date.
- I usually let the bag partially thaw, enough to get it out of the bag and then heat over low until warmed through.