Avocado and Ginger Pasta
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A wonderful recipe from an Australian cooking show "The Cook and The Chef". Got off the website ww.abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef. To make it vegan use non-egg pasta.
- Ready In:
- 2 large avocados, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 6 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves
- flaked sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Pasta can be cooked before hand and then warmed up in the microwave.
- Preheat the oven to 180C to roast the almonds. This won’t take long so keep an eye on them. Remove from oven when ready. About 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a bowl place the avocado chopped with a squeeze of the lemon juice over the cut avocado.
- In a large bowl place the warmed pasta with the oil and minced ginger, toss.
- Add some salt and 3/4 of the roasted almonds, toss. Then add the coriander and then the rest of the roasted almonds and toss.
- Add the avocado last, serve with some freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste, and some lemon juice then add the shaved parmigiano (just a handful). Serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION