Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great TEX MEX dish.
Make and share this Taco Salad Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 (15 ounce) packagepillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, use 1 shell
- round tortilla chips
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 (15 ounce) canspicy chili beans, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese (6-oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of the crushed chips over bottom of 9 inch pie pan.
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions for baked shell.
- Place crust in pan over crushed chips.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup crushed chips over crust; gently press into crust.
- Prick crust with fork several times.
- Bake at 450°F for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Carefully stand 1 row whole tortilla chips around inside edge of crust.
- FILLING: In large skillet, brown ground round; drain.
- Add chili beans, 1 cup cheese blend and salsa; mix well.
- Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until beans are heated and cheese is melted.
- Spoon into cooled baked shell.
- Top with lettuce, remaining ½ cup cheese blend, tomato, onion, sour cream and ripe olives.
- Serve immediately.
- Store remaining pie in refrigerator.