Recipe by Lightly Toasted
This is a delicious cool salad that makes a great summer meal.
Top Review by Susie in Texas
GREAT Taco Salad recipe!!! None of that Catalina or French salad dressing either---it's salsa and sour cream, the way they serve them in the Mexican restaurants! The only thing I did differently was that I added 2 tablespoons of Chili powder and 1 teaspoon of Cumin to the ground meat to flavor it up a bit. And the addition of corn was a pleasant change of pace. Thanks Elissa!
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 3 firm tomatoes (chopped or wedged)
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans (do not drain)
- 3 chopped green onions
- 2 chopped avocados
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, well drained
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 lb ground beef, seasoned, cooked and drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 bag plain Doritos, crushed (the fun part)