1/4 Photos of Taco Rice (Oamc)
1 hr 20 mins
Chef Buggsy Mate's Note:
Easy Once A Month Cooking dish that can be made in smaller batches for snacks as well as large batches for meals. This recipe is for 4 seperate meals. Can use it as a burrito filling, for nachos, or on a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 4 cups onions, diced
- 4 (8 ounce) packets taco seasoning mix (to taste)
- 32 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 8 cups cooked rice
- 8 cups shredded cheese
- 1Containers: 4 Gallon sized freezer bags.
- 2Assembly Directions:.
- 3Brown meat and drain.
- 4Combine meat, onion, taco seasoning packets, cooked rice and tomatoes in saucepan.
- 5Simmer until thick- about 30 minutes.
- 6Freezing and Cooking Directions:.
- 7Cool, label, and freeze in gallon sized freezer bags.
- 8Also freeze a ziptop bag with 2 cups of shreaded cheese for each meal.
- 9To serve:.
- 10Thaw completely.
- 11Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 12Place in a casserole dish and bake until heated through about 30-35 minutes.
- 13Top with shredded cheese and bake about 5 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Rice (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (1114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2735.8
- Calories from Fat 1120
- Total Fat 124.5 g
- Saturated Fat 61.6 g
- Cholesterol 453.0 mg
- Sodium 21110.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 276.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 48.7 g
- Sugars 54.7 g
- Protein 141.1 g