Easy Once A Month Cooking dish that can be made in smaller batches for snacks as well as large batches for meals. This recipe is for 4 seperate meals. Can use it as a burrito filling, for nachos, or on a salad.
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 4 cups onions, diced
- 4 (8 ounce) packets taco seasoning mix (to taste)
- 32 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 8 cups cooked rice
- 8 cups shredded cheese
- chopped tomato (optional)
- sliced olive (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- fresh salsa (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- Containers: 4 Gallon sized freezer bags.
- Assembly Directions:.
- Brown meat and drain.
- Combine meat, onion, taco seasoning packets, cooked rice and tomatoes in saucepan.
- Simmer until thick- about 30 minutes.
- Freezing and Cooking Directions:.
- Cool, label, and freeze in gallon sized freezer bags.
- Also freeze a ziptop bag with 2 cups of shreaded cheese for each meal.
- To serve:.
- Thaw completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place in a casserole dish and bake until heated through about 30-35 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake about 5 minutes longer.