Recipe by linguinelisa
This is a spicy beef pie with taco seasoning and pepper jack cheese topped with a cornmeal crust. I found it years ago in a magazine article about church supper recipes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded jalapeno jack cheese
- canned diced green chiles, small can
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 4 -5 drops hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In skillet, brown ground beef and onions. Drain grease. Stir in taco seasoning mix.
- Spread into greased 8 inch square pan or 10 inch quiche pan. Sprinkle with cheese and green chiles.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients until smooth. Mixture will be thin. Pour over beef. Bake 25 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes.