Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy layered dish that can be dressed up or left plain.
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 4 tablespoons zesty cheese sauce
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- avocado, sliced
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in skillet; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water according to package directions. (My mix uses 1/4 cup water, simmer 10 minutes.).
- Add 2 Tablespoons zesty cheese sauce; mix well.
- Lay 1 tortilla in pie pan; spoon 1/3 beef mixture on top. Repeat layers, ending with a tortilla. Spread remaining cheese sauce over top.
- Bake in oven 20 minutes or till heated thoroughly.
- OPTIONAL: Garnish with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, avocadoes, guacamole, salsa, sour cream.
This is a definite keeper! I added kidney beans and rotel. Instead of zesty cheese sauce, I just used cheesy taco seasoning. It was a hit at my house. Next time, I might add black olives and shredded cheese. Thanks for the great recipe!
Awesome!!! We are big "mexican" fans around here and this was much better than the box kit you buy. My husband ate almost the whole thing! Quick, easy and yummy!!!!