Recipe by PinkieB
I think I got the base for this recipe from "Quick Cooking" magazine by Taste of Home. I've modified the original to make it easier, faster, and a little spicier. It is my teenager's favorite meal.
Top Review by angelathom88
love it- one of our family and friends favorites!! we use black beans instead of chile beans and rotel instead of chopped tomatoes. I throw in green chiles on top of the rotel and jalapeÃ±os also. I spread the refried beans on the tortillas before putting the meat mixture down, makes it easier.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican chili beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (12 ounce) packageshredded cheese, can be mexican mix or any combo you like
- 8 fat free tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef in a large saucepan.
- Drain beef and add packet of taco seasoning and the drained green chilies, chili beans, and tomatoes.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Select cooking dish (s)- For one big lasanga use a 9x13 pyrex dish- Or use two smaller dishes so you can freeze one for later.
- Spray dish (s) with cooking spray to keep food from sticking.
- Put one layer of tortillas in the bottom of the dish- Two for the large dish or one for two smaller.
- Spoon in about 1/3 of the meat mixture, 1/3 of the refried beans, and 1/4 of the cheese- If you really like cheese save more for the top--it makes the top prettier and cheesier.
- Add another layer of tortillas and then repeat adding the mixture, refried beans, and cheese until you only have two tortillas and 1/4 cheese left.
- Put the last two tortillas on the top and cover with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.