Recipe by Marlene.
WOW!! This is SO incredibly tasty!! I got this off the Weight Watchers website. This is my version of the recipe. This one is a definite keeper for us. Chalk full of flavor we thought!!! And VERY versatile!!
Top Review by Kellpepper
This is now a family favorite. DH & I followed the recipe exactly the first time and enjoyed the flavor, but we do prefer more heat so we have exchanged the stewed tomatoes for rotel. We use this for burrito filling, taco salad, super nacho's, & quesadillas. Very good!
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry meat until just done.
- Drain off excess oil.
- Rinse with hot water.
- (sounds GROSS, I know, but if you're watching fat, this is an excellent way to get it out of there and you don't notice a difference in flavor!) Return meat to pan and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer on low for 1 hour.
- (I actually found that simmering for about 50 minutes worked well. It thickened it up just great).
- Estimated POINTS for Weight Watchers is 2 points for a 1 cup serving. ***Edited after first review*** You know, this is just what the recipe said. I have NO CLUE what points are. I did WW back before the fiber cap. Maybe that's where these low points come from. As the reviewer states -- best to check it yourself! :).
- (always double check your own points!) I took warmed flour tortillas and wrapped this up in them with a plop of sour cream and a bit of grated cheese.
- My daughter took corn chips and used it as a dip.
- It's sooo good!
- You can also add Salsa for some extra flavor it you'd like.
- Many different things you could do with this recipe!
- I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!