1/4 Photos of Taco Junk
1 hr 7 mins
WOW!! This is SO incredibly tasty!! I got this off the Weight Watchers website. This is my version of the recipe. This one is a definite keeper for us. Chalk full of flavor we thought!!! And VERY versatile!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry meat until just done.
- 2Drain off excess oil.
- 3Rinse with hot water.
- 4(sounds GROSS, I know, but if you're watching fat, this is an excellent way to get it out of there and you don't notice a difference in flavor!) Return meat to pan and add remaining ingredients.
- 5Cover and simmer on low for 1 hour.
- 6(I actually found that simmering for about 50 minutes worked well. It thickened it up just great).
- 7Estimated POINTS for Weight Watchers is 2 points for a 1 cup serving. ***Edited after first review*** You know, this is just what the recipe said. I have NO CLUE what points are. I did WW back before the fiber cap. Maybe that's where these low points come from. As the reviewer states -- best to check it yourself! :).
- 8(always double check your own points!) I took warmed flour tortillas and wrapped this up in them with a plop of sour cream and a bit of grated cheese.
- 9My daughter took corn chips and used it as a dip.
- 10It's sooo good!
- 11You can also add Salsa for some extra flavor it you'd like.
- 12Many different things you could do with this recipe!
- 13I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Junk
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.6
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 276.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix