Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was passed to me from my Mothers Best friend. When she was going to make Tacos everyone would just happen to drop by.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown ground beef with onion drain.
- Add other ingredients.
- Simmer add more seasoning to taste.
- This can be a little dry.
- This is not Health Food!
- I have added a little cooking oil to the Mix.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add ground beef to your favorite Taco shells.
- Top with cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, etc.
Very good taco filling. We used it for soft tacos, and the regular taco shells and both were good. I added 1 t chili powder to give an extra kick. Will make again. Thanks for posting this!
No need to make a run for the border!
was easy and very good, the second time i made it added chopped tomato at end and simmered covered for 5 minutes