1 hr 5 mins
quick meal's Note:
Got this from a TOH freezer cookbook. My two teenagers and their friends loved this. I planned to make one and freeze one, however my son showed up for dinner with a few friends and they devoured them both. I hope to be able to freeze one next time...lol. Prep time does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 2 taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1Cook beef until no longer pink. Drain. Add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese, cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until melted. Transfer to a bowl and chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Gently toss with butter.
- 3Fill each shell with about 3 tablespoons of meat mixture. TO FREEZE: Place shells in a freezer bag . Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 4TO COOK IMMEDIATELY: Spoon salsa into a grease 9 inch baking dish. Top with shells and taco sauce. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle wit cheeses and chips. Bake 15 minutes longer. Serve with sour cream and onions.
- 5TO USE FROZEN SHELLS:.Thaw for 24 hours in fridge and follow cook immediately directions but bake for 40 minutes covered.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Filled Pasta Shells - OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.2
- Calories from Fat 495
- Total Fat 55.0 g
- Saturated Fat 30.1 g
- Cholesterol 209.8 mg
- Sodium 1559.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 47.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jumbo pasta shells