Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Got this from a TOH freezer cookbook. My two teenagers and their friends loved this. I planned to make one and freeze one, however my son showed up for dinner with a few friends and they devoured them both. I hope to be able to freeze one next time...lol. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 2 taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- Cook beef until no longer pink. Drain. Add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese, cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until melted. Transfer to a bowl and chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Gently toss with butter.
- Fill each shell with about 3 tablespoons of meat mixture. TO FREEZE: Place shells in a freezer bag . Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- TO COOK IMMEDIATELY: Spoon salsa into a grease 9 inch baking dish. Top with shells and taco sauce. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle wit cheeses and chips. Bake 15 minutes longer. Serve with sour cream and onions.
- TO USE FROZEN SHELLS:.Thaw for 24 hours in fridge and follow cook immediately directions but bake for 40 minutes covered.